The teachers and staff at ICSD Preschools are committed to:
- Using the Utah Early Childhood Core Standards to drive instruction in the classroom.
- Using Professional Learning Communities to improve instruction and student achievement.
- Partnering with parents to ensure student success.
- Providing teachers and staff opportunities for professional development to help improve instruction.
- 90% of Iron County School District preschool students will show improvement or mastery in 3 or more math concepts from fall (baseline) to spring on classroom based assessments (CBA’s).
- 90% of Iron County School District preschool students will show improvement or mastery in 2 or more language arts concepts from fall (baseline) to spring on classroom based assessments (CBA’s).
- By the end of the school year 88% of SPED qualifying preschool students will show Improvement in 2 IEP (individualized Education Programs) goals as evidenced by data collection.
The main focus for Iron County School District Preschool is for children to begin to value learning, gain knowledge and understand their world in a safe and positive learning environment.
When parents, educators and caregivers work together in the eduction and well being of a child, a partnership is formed that will produce the best possible learning outcomes.
We are committed to giving students maximum opportunity for individual growth in pre-academics, communication, social interaction, self-care, motor skills, and enhancing positive behavior and self-esteem.