Applications for East Elementary School's dual immersion program are now being accepted for next year's first grade class. You can download the Student Application at east.ironk12.org/dual or come by the school (255 E. College Avenue) to find out more and pick up an application. Applications will be accepted through the end of March 2020.
The school's selection policy is outlined below:
- Our goal is to have as close to 50% of both English and Spanish native speakers in each grade.
- Certain students are given priority in the selection process. They are:
- Students who live within East Elementary boundaries,
- Siblings of current dual immersion students,
- Children of East Elementary employees, and
- Students whose parents are willing to commit to the full 1-12 program.
- In the situation where more students are interested than there is room available, the students who have priority will be enrolled followed by a lottery for all others.
- All applicants will be notified via email whether or not their child has been enrolled.
- Students who were not selected in the initial selection will be placed on a waiting list.
- In the case where a lottery was not necessary, students on the waitlist will be admitted in the order of their request thereafter.
- In the case where a lottery was necessary, another lottery will be performed to create an order to admittance thereafter. All applicants after this lottery will be admitted in the order to their request.
- In either case, only the newly admitted student will be notified as openings become available.
- Students may enroll up until Christmas break during their second grade year based on availability.