Policy Code: JFCB-E
Adoption Date: Tuesday, May 15th, 2018
Iron County School District Extra-Curricular Activities Contract
Participation in extra curricular activities is a privilege, not an entitlement. The extent of student participation shall be determined by the teachers or coach responsible for each activity without pressure or coercion of any kind from outside parties.
As a student participating in extra curricular activities in the Iron County School District I understand that I will be representing my school and myself. I understand that extra curricular activities greatly enhance my educational experience but do not replace or take precedence over my academic program.
I further understand that participation in extra curricular activities in the Iron County School District is a choice that I have made with the knowledge that I will be held to a high standard of sportsmanship, citizenship, and character. I agree to follow the requirements for participation listed below and understand the consequences for not following them.
- Requirement: Attend all classes on game day unless previously approved by school administration.
Consequence: No Dressing for, or participation in, that day's activity.
- Requirement: Achieve a GPA of 2.0 with no more than one "F" grade the quarter preceding participation. This must be completed within five school days after the end of the quarter, or when grades are posted. Consequence: Not eligible to participate in competitions during that quarter.
- Requirement: Participation fees paid before the first competition, or fee waiver application is completed or pending. Consequence: No competition or performance until fees are paid.
- Requirement: Registration Checklist must be complete for tryout in registermyathlete.. Consequence: No competition until registration is completed.
- Requirement: No violations of the law regarding drugs, alcohol, vaping/tobacco during a sport season. See UHSAA By-laws. Consequence: Suspension from participation based on UHSAA guidelines. Safe school violations will result in consequences according to district safe school guidelines.
- Requirement: No participation in hazing. Consequence: Full extent of the law and consequences as they may relate to district safe school guidelines.
- Requirement: No abuse of locker room, training room, weight room or other school facilities. Consequence: Assume responsibility for all damaged or lost equipment, regardless of fee waiver. Loss of access to facilities may also be implemented.
- Requirement: While traveling in school vehicles, conduct will be in accordance with the Iron County School District Bus Policy. Students are required to ride in school vehicles both to and from all school trips. Students may ride home with his/her own parent(s)/legal guardian(s) upon completion of checkout process with the coach. Extenuating circumstances must be approved in advance by school administrator.
- Individual groups, organizations, teams, and schools may have additional requirements for participation found in the individual activity disclosure. Students are subject to all policies of the Iron County School District.
Note: This contract will remain in effect for the entire school year and will cover all activities in which the student participates.