Policy Code: JEG-R
Adoption Date: Tuesday, December 14th, 2004
Review Date: Tuesday, November 16th, 2010
PROCEDURE FOR RELEASE OF STUDENTS FROM SCHOOL
When releasing students sixteen years of age and older from school:
- A letter may be written by the parent for the release from school, or action for such a release can be initiated by the school.
- A conference is held with school officials, parents, and the student regarding problems and obligations that arise from release from school.
- The Principal will notify the Superintendent of the request for release.
- The superintendent of schools will consult the Iron County School Board regarding the request for release.
- Action will be taken by the Board.
- A letter of notification will be sent to the juvenile court informing it that the student has been legally excused from school.
If release from school is precipitated by a safe school violation, Safe School Policy JFB dismissal procedures will be followed.