Policy Code: JECC-R
Adoption Date: Tuesday, June 17th, 2014
OPEN ENROLLMENT & STUDENT IN-DISTRICT TRANSFER - GENERAL GUIDELINES
- The school district has the right to designate which grade levels, classes, schools, or programs are available for transfer students.
- A student must be in, and remain in, good standing in order to be eligible. The receiving school reserves the right to rescind the transfer if the student does not remain in good standing.
- The Utah High School Activities Association guidelines and policies apply relative to transfer students who participate in high school athletics.
- Once a transfer application is approved, the student may continue to attend the requested school so long as space is available.
- Transfer applications shall be reviewed annually and may be rescinded at the end of the school year.
- For transfer students, transportation to and from the requested school is the responsibility of the parent/guardian of the student.
- Transfer approval is granted on an individual basis. There is no enrollment guarantee for siblings or neighborhoods.
- The transfer request may require a meeting with the principals involved in the transfer and the superintendent of schools.
- If a student transfer is approved, student and parent must complete the Student Behavioral Contract (JECC-E3).
Utah code 53A-2-207-53A-2-213 Utah Administrative Rules R277-437