Policy Code: JHCBA
Adoption Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2003
Review Date: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014
- Student will meet enrollment requirements as set forth in ICSD policies codes JEB and JECC. (Entrance age and school assignments)
- Immunization requirement will be met as set forth in ICSD policy code JHCB. (State law immunization requirements)
- The following procedure will be completed for each child entering kindergarten:
- At spring kindergarten registration each student will present a birth certificate, a social security card, and an immunization record. The immunization record will be copied and evaluated by a school nurse. The parent or guardian will be informed of immunizations that need to be done prior to school in the fall.
- A standardized letter will be given to the parent or guardian with the signature of the principal informing them that students will not be admitted to class unless immunizations are current.
- During pre kindergarten assessments in the fall of the year, the kindergarten teacher will review the immunization requirements that need to be completed. The school nurse will provide this information. Again, the kindergarten teacher will inform the parent or guardian that the student will not be allowed in school until immunization requirements are met.
- When the kindergarten teachers complete pre kindergarten assessments, proof of immunizations will be taken to the office secretary or school nurse. The parent will then get a release note from the secretary or the nurse, allowing the student to attend class. This note will be given to the kindergarten teacher.