Policy Code: IGDA-R
Adoption Date: Tuesday, December 15th, 2009
STUDENT ACTIVITIES - DANCES
Any school groups, clubs, classes and/or booster clubs that wish to sponsor fund raising dances must adhere to the following guidelines;
- The dance must be scheduled through the school and be approved by the principal or designee.
- Principals will schedule an equitable number of dances.
- At least four (4) chaperons, preferably teacher or advisors, must supervise the activity. Exceptions must be approved by the Superintendent in advance.
- Sponsoring group will hire security personnel to be at the dance at all times.
- Sponsoring group shall be responsible for all clean-up.
- Sponsoring group shall be responsible for any damage unless an individual is found to be responsible.
All school groups, clubs, classes and/or booster clubs will return ten percent (10%) of the profits from the dance to the general activity fund of the school. Ninety percent will be deposited to the club's account at the school.
Booster clubs are independent of the schools and are responsible for their own finances, activities and advertisements. However, booster clubs will account for all finances through their respective school.