Policy Code: GCBE
Adoption Date: Tuesday, September 25th, 2012
Review Date: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
- Vacations are available only to personnel who are on twelve-month contracts, and who work six or more hours per day.
- Vacation time is earned on a fiscal year basis, July 1 - June 30
- Two weeks vacation time is earned annually up to and including the tenth year of service. Beginning in the 11th year of service, three weeks of vacation is earned annually.
- Vacation time cannot be taken faster than it is earned. Vacation time will be calculated on a pro rata basis relative to time worked.
- Employees do not have the option of working for extra money in lieu of taking vacations.
- Vacations are scheduled subject to approval by the employee's immediate supervisor.
- All vacation time should be taken within six months of the end of the fiscal year in which the vacation time was earned (i.e., vacation time should be all taken by December 31st of each year). Up to the maximum of five vacation days may be carried over into the following year.
- If a full-time employee quits or is terminated and then is re-hired at a future date, he/she will start over in year one in earning annual vacation benefits.