Policy Code: GCBD-R
Adoption Date: Tuesday, November 18th, 2008
Review Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
EMERGENCY LEAVE GUIDELINES
The Emergency Leave Policy states:
The superintendent is in charge of determining who shall receive emergency leave. Persons desiring such leave shall make a request in writing to the superintendent. Prior to its being sent to the district office, it must be initialed by the principal or director involved to insure his/her knowledge of the request only. Emergency leave is limited to two days per year. It is for emergencies only.
The major goals concerning the administering of emergency leave are:
- To maintain consistency in approving or disapproving requests.
- To meet needs of individuals in emergency situations.
Common Areas of Requests for Emergency Leave:
- Special events of immediate family members. Examples are:
- Graduation from colleges, universities, military schools.
- Special recognition ceremonies
- Special religious ceremonies.
- Emergency situations where it is imperative that you be there. Examples are:
- Accidents, illness, surgeries of immediate family members
- Court appearances