Iron County School District’s process for accessing accommodations for either Special Education or a 504 Plan is detailed below.
- Visit with a Teacher, administrator or Counselor about concerns
- Interventions will be implemented for a period of 6 weeks.
- If the interventions work then the interventions will be used to help the student move forward in their education.
- If the interventions don’t work then the special education teacher will be brought in for consultation.
- If it is determined necessary parents will sign a permission to test and assessments will be given.
- After the assessments are given the Psychologist will visit with parents about the findings.
- In an IEP meeting the team will determine if the student needs to be placed on an IEP.