Should the proposed boundary adjustment be approved in June, all students will be required to attend their boundary
school with the exceptions listed below.
● Students who are being served in a Special Education Self-Contained Unit (Three Peaks, North or Iron Springs)
AND being transferred to a school without a Special Education Self-Contained Unit, will stay at their current
○ Students who are being served in a Self-Contained Unit who will be transferred to another school with a
Self-Contained Unit (Three Peaks, North or Iron Springs) will have the choice to attend either school.
○ All of the siblings of a student in a Self-Contained Unit will have the option of staying in the same school.
■ If the student in the Self-Contained Unit attends their new boundary school, all siblings must
attend their boundary school.
■ If or when the student in the Self-Contained Unit advances to the middle school, all siblings will
attend their boundary school.
● Kindergarten registration will proceed as usual starting on March 1st through the Scribbles Application
○ Scribbles will require a pop-up before the parent completes the registration form that will inform them
about the proposed boundary adjustments and provide a link to the boundary map.
○ After kindergarten registration is completed, we will identify each student who will be affected by the
boundary adjustments and a letter will be sent to inform the family about the proposed change.
● At each school, the students who will be affected by the boundary adjustment will be identified and a letter will be
sent to inform the family about how the proposed change will affect them.
● A “remind message” was already sent out to inform families about the proposed adjustments and provide a link to
the proposed map.
Current Out-of-Boundary Students
● Students who have been granted a Transfer Within District Boundaries prior to the proposed boundary
adjustments taking effect, will have the option of staying at their current school.
○ The siblings of students who have been granted a Transfer Within District Boundaries will have the option
of registering at the same school as their sibling.
● Physical occupancy (a certificate of occupancy or other documentation) is required in order to enroll at all ICSD
● Dual Immersion programs are open enrollment programs.
Process for Requesting Exemption
● Parents who have extenuating circumstances may request an exemption to the boundary adjustment.
○ In order to request an exemption, the parent will contact Steve Burton at the district office.
○ Mr. Burton will consider the request and may contact the school for more information.
○ The parent will be informed of the decision to grant or deny the request.
● Official class lists will not be available until after the school board votes on the proposed boundary adjustments on
Plan for Transitioning Students and Parents
● Each school will make a plan to reach out to students who will be coming to their school as a result of the
○ Some of the encouraged activities include
■ Home visits
■ Open houses
■ Welcome letters
■ Phone calls
● Teacher positions will be hired in alignment with the proposed boundary adjustments
● Newly hired teachers in affected schools will be notified at the time of hire that there is a possibility that they may
be assigned to a different school if boundary adjustments are not approved by the board or if further adjustments
are made that would move the teacher to another school.