We encourage you to spread positivity and kindness!
Performing a random act of kindness is exactly what it sounds like: deliberately attempting to brighten someone else’s day by doing something kind for no specific reason. The intention behind it is to practice selflessness, but research has shown that there are, in fact, many benefits to practicing kindness. Showing kindness towards family, friends, your community, and strangers helps you to feel better about yourself, and strengthens skills such as respect, responsibility, empathy, and compassion.
Let’s spread positivity and kindness far and wide in our school district and in our communities. Think about reaching out to those beyond our usual circles. There are so many ways for you and your family to join in and participate! Below are just a few ideas.
- Feed the birds
- Leave a kind note under your friend’s, neighbor’s, or coworker’s car windshield wiper
- Have lunch with a new friend
- Welcome and get to know someone new
- Send a short shoutout video to a friend/coworker
- Flood social media with kindness for others; use #ironkindness
- Donate to Care and Share, Canyon Creek Services, etc.
- Visit an animal shelter and help to socialize the animals
- Take cookies to the police or fire station
- Take care of someone’s pet while they’re away
- Collect money or items to donate to a school fundraiser
- Donate coloring books and crayons for hospitalized children
- Deliver water bottles to the homeless shelter
- Make a thank you card for a favorite classmate, teacher, or administrator
- Smile at everybody. It’s contagious!
See randomactsofkindness.org for more information and ideas.
The movement of Random Acts of Kindness will inspire and make people happy every day. Let’s bring joy and spread positive reactions throughout the Iron County School District. #ironkindness