Additional local volunteer opportunities can be explored at justserve.org
Donate to the ICSD Foundation
K-12 students are invited to enter the UEN/Next Vista for Learning Video Contests. Learn more at:
One of the contests focuses on service. Last year’s Utah state Service Via Video contest winner was Cedar High School’s Latinos in Action club. Their winning video is featured here.
True Live Center FOOD PANTRY
Our food pantry feeds over 150 families a week! We are provided food from the Utah Food Bank, and every Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. we give out bags of food to those in need. We need people to check in the families, people to help set up and organize the bags of food, and people to help clean up after the families have left. If you have a passion for feeding people and love to help out, this may be the ministry for you. You have the opportunities to touch the lives of hundreds of people through our food pantry. Please Contact Mary Denman for more information on how to get involved.
Mary Denman: (435) 531-6824
2111 N Main Street
Cedar City, UT 84721
- The local 4-H program needs volunteers–two different opportunities. Sign up or get more information by contacting Brooklyn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-H After School program mentors
- Monday-Thursday in elementary and middle schools in Cedar City. Volunteers help with lessons, assist with homework, and participate in games and activities
- Mentors need to commit to at least 1 day a week
- 4-H event and workshop leaders
- Opportunities include chaperoning/planning events, leading workshops in your areas of interest, assisting after school programs, leading a short term or long term club, summer camps, and more!
- 4-H After School program mentors
Make Fidget Quilts for Special Needs Students
We currently have 30 kits, plus instructions, for anyone who would like to make some of these 22″ square fidget quilts for students in our ICSD special programs. Contact Karen Johnson, email@example.com, if you are interested. Or you can pick up kits at the District Office, 2077 West Royal Hunte Drive, in the main office. If you have your own fabric and notions to use, just come by and pick up some instructions. Thank you to all you wonderful community members who have helped assemble quilts from these kits!
Volunteer with Camp Hobe
Camp Hobé, a Utah nonprofit serving kids with cancer (& similarly-treated disorders) and their families, runs camps every summer for Utah kids being treated for cancer (& similarly-treated disorders), and their siblings, and also offer free family outings throughout the year. The organization utilizes more than 200 volunteers each year during the summer camp. They are currently recruiting volunteers for their summer camp sessions, including counselors and kitchen assistants. Volunteers are needed for the following sessions / dates.
- Day Camp / Hobé Juniors: Thurs June 3 to Sat June 5, for campers aged 4 to 6 years. Day campers (4-5 year olds) do not stay overnight, while Hobé Juniors (6 year olds) have a 1-night overnight
- Kids Week: Sun June 6 to Fri June 11, overnight resident camp for campers aged 7 to 11 years
- Teen Week: Sun June 13 to Fri June 18, overnight resident camp for campers aged 12 to 19 years
- Note for 2021: Depending on the current COVID-19 situation, all or part of the sessions may be conducted virtually.
Volunteering for Camp Hobé is a great experience for anyone, but especially for school professionals such as teachers, assistants, administrators, or lunch workers. It’s a great opportunity to interact with kids outside of the classroom (plus
you get to throw water balloons!). Our website has more about us, including our volunteer page, the online application, and job descriptions. Thank you so much for your help!
Christina Beckwith (aka Wapiti Mama)
Executive Director, Camp Hobé
PO Box 520755, SLC, UT 84152-0755
firstname.lastname@example.org / 801-631-2742
Volunteer with Canyon Creek Services
Do you enjoy office work, showing appreciation, and working closely with donors to help fundraise for Canyon Creek Services? Do you want to learn what it takes to work in a top-notch development department? Our Development Department is looking for volunteers willing to work at least 6 hours each week to help sustain our fundraising work. We are also looking for an AmeriCorps Development VISTA. This position is a one-year commitment that has benefits, including a $513 Living Allowance every two weeks. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering or being our next Development VISTA, email email@example.com.