Job Application Instructions
See job listings here.
Certified Applications - Only qualified applicants will be considered for an interview.
To complete the application process for a teaching, administrative, or counseling position in Iron County School District you will need to complete the following procedures:
- You can obtain a application at the Iron County School District offices, by phone (435) 586-2804 or download an application here. The application may be submitted by mail, email to , or may be faxed to (435) 586-2815.
- Provide a copy of your valid Utah Teaching License (or indicate date you will receive it).
- Provide a copy of your PRAXIS Test results.
- Provide a copy of transcript of credits from the university(ies) attended. Official transcripts will be requested if applicant is hired.
- Submit your college/university Education Credential/Placement File. (Encouraged, but optional)
- Submit a current resume', if not already included in your Education Credential/Placement File.
- Submit additional letters of recommendation. (Encouraged, but optional)
- Due to the number of applications on file, we are unable to
interview each applicant for every position that comes open.
If you hear of a specific position in which you are interested,
please notify us to make sure that your application is activated
and considered for the opening.
Note: All applications are kept on file for two years. After that time has lapsed, the applications are then destroyed. If at any time an applicant would like to update a teaching file, it is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the School District Office to do so.
If you wish to print an application and mail or fax it to us, you may do so by downloading it here. Note: You will need to have Adobe Acrobat to fill out the application and print it.
Classified Applications - Only qualified applicants will be considered for an interview.
(Any position other than teaching)
To complete the application process for a classified position in Iron County School District you will need to complete the following procedures:
- Complete and print an application here. (You can fill it out on line but you must then print and mail, email or fax it in.)
- If required, you must attach one of the following to your application:
a. a photocopy of your posted Associate's Degree from an accredited university or,
b. a photocopy of your transcript from an accredited university documenting that you have either 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours of credit or,
c. a photocopy of your PRAXIS ParaproTest results (a passing score is 460).
- Applicants must complete and provide a separate application for each desired position. We cannot make copies at the School District Office.
- Resumes' and letters of recommendation are optional with classified applications.
- Submit the application by mail, email or fax to:
Iron County School District
2077 W. Royal Hunte Dr
Cedar City, Utah 84720
Phone #: (435) 586-2804
Fax #: (435) 586-2815
- Due to the number of applications we receive for each opening, we are unable to interview each applicant for every position that comes open.
Note: We no longer keep classified applications on file. A new classified application must be completed each time an applicant wants to apply for any open position. This also includes current Iron County School District employees.
We do not accept classified applications if there is not a current opening in the area the applicant is interested in applying for.