Concurrent Enrollment - Regulations
Each student released by his or her principal for participation in a concurrent enrollment program shall:
- Complete an application form, including parent/guardian’s signature, prior to enrolling in the concurrent enrollment course or program of choice.
- Complete 12 units of regular high school credit prior to applying for inclusion in a concurrent enrollment program. Students must be either Juniors or Seniors in high school.
- Maintain a 3.25 grade point average for each of the two grading periods immediately preceding the time of application for permission to participate in a concurrent enrollment program or course. In special circumstances, the principal may recommend students whose grade point average for the previous two grading periods was between 3.0 and 3.25. In no case will a student be recommended for concurrent enrollment whose grade point average is below 3.0.
- Pay all costs
associated with the concurrent enrollment program. These costs may include, but are not limited to, such things
as tuition, fees, books, supplies, and transportation.
- Courses which are contractual between the Iron County School District and the institution of higher education may have some portion of the tuition and fees paid by the school district.
- Supply the school with an official transcript of the credit earned upon the completion of the concurrent enrollment course.
One high school unit shall be granted for the completion of three (3) semester credit hours of college work.
- Section A - Employee Evaluation and Civil Rights
- Section B - Board
- Section D - Budget and Finance
- Section E - Safety and Security
- Section F - Construction and Equipment
- Section G - Personnel
- Section I - Student Academics and Extra-Curricular
- Academic Eligibility Requirements for Students Participating in Extra-Curricular Activities
- Agreement Form for Classroom Instruction
- Attendance Policy
- Challenge of Library Materials Form
- Concurrent Enrollment - Regulations
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Concurrent Enrollment Application Form
- Cooperative Agreement with Community Agencies Assisting with Classroom Instruction
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Fee Waiver Regulations
- Fund Drives
- Fund Raising Request Form
- Grading Policy
- High School Graduation Requirements
- Homebound Instruction
- Human Sexuality Curriculum
- Incentive Activities for Students
- Library Media Materials
- Organization of Clubs and Participation in Extra-Curricular Activities
- Parental Permission to View PG or PG-13 Video/DVD
- Programs for Students with Disabilities
- Remedial Instruction
- Request to Show Commercially Purchased Video/DVD
- School Community Councils
- Special Interest and Agency Sponsored Instructional Materials
- Student Activities - Dances
- Student Activities
- Student Education Plans College and Career Readiness Plans
- Student Fees
- Technology Policy
- Testing Policy
- Text Materials Adopted for Use in the Iron County School District
- Violations of Discipline Codes
- Web Publishing Acceptable Use Policy
- Wellness Policy
- Wellness Policy Goals & Guidelines
- Work-Based Learning
- Section J - Student Performance and Compliance
- Section K - Community Relations
- Section L