Campus Safety and Emergency Preparedness
CAMPUS SAFETY AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
PURPOSE AND PHILOSOPHY
The purpose of this policy is to assure the safety of students and employees during any type of incident or emergency by insuring that: plans and procedures are formulated at the District, schools, and job sites; assignments and training are provided to individuals; and oversight and communication processes are established by the District.
The Board recognizes that the safety of students and staff is best met by a preparedness response which insures that the health and safety of students and staff are safeguarded, any disruption to the education program is minimized, and students and employees are trained to respond to emergency situations.
VISITORS TO SCHOOLS
All visitors will check in at the office and follow visitor procedures as outlined in the school safety plan.
EMERGENCY OPERATION PLAN
To anticipate and prepare for such events, a District level Emergency Preparedness and Incident Response Plan shall be established and maintained which provides operational direction. The District Emergency Operation Plan is the implementing document for this policy. Each plan, either District or school level, will be augmented by documents outlining specific supporting tasks emphasizing who is responsible for the task and when and how tasks are to be performed.
TRAINING AND EXERCISES
Training shall be provided in support of the plans and procedures. The plan and standard operating procedures will be validated through conduct of exercises and drills.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
Superintendent - The superintendent or designee shall develop procedures for handling of school incidents and emergencies which include a plan for the prompt and safe evacuation of the schools; other procedures deemed necessary to insure safety of lives; protection of property; and continuity of operation. The District plan shall also require drill practices as mandated by law.
Principal, Supervisor, Coordinator - The principal, supervisor or coordinator responsible for a school, district building, and/or program, in coordination with local law and fire authorities, is responsible for the safety of all students and personnel on the campus or under their supervision. Site level plans will be developed and kept current. Training in the plan shall be conducted as well as emergency drills required in the district plan.
Employees - Employees are responsible to work within the direction of their principal, supervisor, or coordinator as it relates to the Emergency Operation Plan.
- Section A - Employee Evaluation and Civil Rights
- Section B - Board
- Section D - Budget and Finance
- Section E - Safety and Security
- 6-12 Student Computer Acceptable Use User Agreement
- 6-12 Student Computer acceptable Use Policy
- Accident Reports - Employees
- Accident Reports - Students
- Bombing, Bomb Threats, False Alarms
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT)
- Bus Transportation
- Bus Transportation for Student with Disabilities
- Campus Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Classroom Student Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Employee Computer Acceptable Use Policy
- Employee Computer Acceptable Use User Agreement
- Energy Conservation
- Integrated Pest Management
- K-5 Student Computer Acceptable Use Policy
- K-5 Student Computer Acceptable Use User Agreement
- Lunch Policy
- Out-of-State Travel Form and Checklist
- Parental Consent Form - School Activities
- Parental Consent Form - School Field Trips
- Public Information Program: Public Records
- Records, Student: Retention and Destruction
- Regulations for Reproduction of Copyright Materials
- Reproduction of Copyright Material (Fair Use Guidelines for Audiovisual Materials)
- Reproduction of Copyright Material
- School Bus Driver Examination and Training
- School Bus Incident Report to Parents
- School Traffic Control
- School Traffic Regulations
- Service and Emotional Support Animals at District Facilities
- Special Use of School Vehicles
- Student Conduct on School Buses
- Student Travel Regulations
- Student/Parent Use of a Privately Owned Electronic Device Agreement
- Threats Made to Schools
- Video Surveillance
- Section F - Construction and Equipment
- Section G - Personnel
- Section I - Student Academics and Extra-Curricular
- Section J - Student Performance and Compliance
- Section K - Community Relations
- Section L